A downloadable game for Windows
Relive the days of classic gaming with The Filmmaker, a text adventure tribute to the traditional Hollywood "B-movie" in which players take on the role of young cinephile Brianna Auberon as she explores a haunted theater.
The Filmmaker is the third in a series of text adventures that combines the best elements of interactive fiction, visual novels, and gamebooks with a graphic user interface that emulates the look of early 1990s text adventures. It features beautiful artwork and cinematic music. In place of a text parser is a context-specific multiple choice menu. A compass allows you to travel from room to room, and separate inventory, map, journal, and character screens are available at the push of a button.
It plays like an interactive novel. You make a series of choices that determine what happens next in the story. But unlike in traditional gamebooks and visual novels, The Filmmaker also features more advanced adventure-based game mechanics, including locations to explore, items to interact with, characters to meet, and puzzles to solve.
The Carson Stiles Gateway Theater was once the hotspot of town, featuring its own series of low-budget B-movies produced by renowned filmmaker Claude Ferucil.
Unfortunately, the theater closed several months ago after a series of gruesome murders. This came as a huge disappointment to Brianna, a huge B-movie buff who faithfully attended every new showing with her recently-passed father.
Imagine Brianna's surprise then, when she received a letter in the mail inviting her to the theater's grand re-opening. Little did she realize, however, that she was in for a bit more than she bargained for...
- EXPLORE a haunted theater and five distinct black-and-white films
- DISCOVER the terrifying link behind a series of gruesome murders
- INTERACT with a variety of interesting characters
- SOLVE a multitude of challenging puzzles
- ENJOY over 400 pieces of original artwork and an hour-long soundtrack
- UNLOCK 25 achievements to view a special post-game bonus scene
- EXPERIENCE 6+ hours of content–a true "B-movie" experience!
You'll go INSIDE five distinct black-and-white B-movie films, each of which features unique exploration, visuals, music, and puzzles! These include:
- A DETECTIVE STORY - A film noir tale about a down-on-his-luck detective
- THE COUNT - A horror story about a young maiden captured by an evil vampire
- THE FUZZIES - A cartoon about a small village of rabbit-like creatures
- ALIENS FROM MARS! - A sci-fi epic about a war with the Martians
- PRIMAL ATMOSFEAR - An action thriller about a new man-eating predator
Storycentric WorldsThe Filmmaker is not just a standalone game. On the contrary, it is the third chapter in a brand new series of games from independent developer Unimatrix Productions. For details, please visit our website at www.storycentricworlds.com.
About the Developer
We do this because it's our sincere belief that it is the personal connection players form with a game that makes it a success. It is with this philosophy in mind that we approach game development, and we believe that our work stands out as a result.
We have already released several commercial adventure games, with more titles in active development.
|Published||148 days ago|
|Tags||Female Protagonist, ghosts, Interactive Fiction, Mystery, Parody, Point & Click, Singleplayer, Story Rich, text-based, Visual Novel|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.